
"September slipped by into a gold and crimson graciousness of October."
"...a glorious October, all red and gold, with mellow mornings when the valleys were filled with delicate mists as if the spirit of autumn had poured them in for the sun to drain--amethyst, pearl, silver, rose, and smoke-blue. The dews were so heavy that the fields glistened like cloth of silver and there were such heaps of rustling leaves in the hollow of many-stemmed woods to run crisply through."
"Spring pages are written in Mayflowers and violets, summer's in roses, autumn's in red maple leaves, and winter in holly and evergreen."
"The little things in life, sweet and excllent in their place, must not be the things lived for; the highest must be sought and followed; the life of heaven must be begun here on earth."
~ excerpts taken from the Anne of Green Gables series
1 comment:
Malachi and I went on a fall drive yesterday and went to 3 different orchards (only because we didnt like the first 2) and I bought a pumpkin (which I cooked the seeds today), a caramel apple and some apple butter. Yum! Fall is great.
Post a Comment