Friday, November 30, 2007

Joyeux Noel

If you havn't seen this movie you should. It's about the german, french, and scottish fraternizing along the front during world war 1 on Christmas Eve. I watched the interview with the director and it was so interesting to find out how much was really true. They actually arrested a cat for treason after they found out it was carrying notes back and forth between barracks. It was so moving to see the soldiers who had just a day before been blowing each other to pieces, put down their guns and sing Christmas songs, bury their dead, and share with each other. Their were also german and french soldiers who gave each other their addresses so they could visit each other after the war. Another amazing thing I found out during the interview part is that it happened all along the lines for about 700 miles so it didn't just stay in one little area. Many people had to have started it. I watched it Thanksgiving day. Loved it.

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

I have not seen it. But if you say its good, then I will keep my eye out for it. Have you decorated yet? Pictures?? :)