Sunday, November 25, 2007

To Do List-mania

I am an avid to-do-lister. Acutally, I am an avid lister because many of my lists aren't to-do ones, but anything I feel like making a list about. I keep journals upon journals of lists. My current journal has lists of the following: Every place in E.G. White's writings that I have found talking about Sabbath as the final sign, as well as the historical changing of the Sabbath, a list of what I want in a home when we buy, movies I want to see, my favorite singers/bands, books I want to buy, Art projects and ideas I am/want to work on, places I may be able to show my artwork, things to look up online, people I admire(or interest me) and whether I've read their biography, vintage clothing shops in Lincoln, Party theme ideas, 12 things I can't live without (design-wise, this is tailored after the lists Elle Decor publishes every month for one of their design/trend setters, jobs that I think I would like to do, favorite websites, songs I want to download, gift ideas for different people.

I found this list on todolistblog.com I found it very interesting. And even though it is very unlikely that this guy can attain all of these things, it tells a lot about who he is and what he likes to do. I have made unattainable lists lots of times. The ones where you put every single thing you could ever think of doing if you could live most perfect, fulfilling life ever.


I am thinking of reading the todolistblogger's book about what your lists say about you. Please share one of your lists with me!

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

ok, I read through all of that guy's things to do, and I have made a list of the things on his list which I have done...

read bible straight thru
go scuba diving at sunken ship
go on a cruise
learn to make ice cream
letter to editor published in newspaper
cartwheel
diving board
sailing
surfing
catch a fish ice fishing
go to a baseball game

there are lots of things on his list that I would love to do, too! As for my listing habits, I generally make lists of things I already have done or whatever. I write in my journal a lot, and don't make a lot of lists. But I like to keep track of things...I think it's because it gives me a sense of accomplishment or something. But reading your blog has made me want to start compiling some lists of my own!

Lyndsey said...

I make lots of lists too! You should make blogs of your lists, like different blogs for different lists. Kind of like that blog with the people who you admire their fashion. I make lists of music that I want to download, and music that I like the best, and party ideas, and outfit ideas to put together or to keep an eye out for in stores, definitely a reading list, lists of gifts that I want to buy for someone some time, lists of crafts to make (and different lists for different kinds of crafts, such as scrapbook ideas, or sewing ideas, or costume ideas, or painting ideas, but above all photograph ideas, I have so many photographs that I want to create). Okay, I'm gonna go read that guys list.

Taumi said...

Since Vanessa posted the things she has done from "that guy's" list I thought I'd do mine too.

-graduate from college with a BS and BEd (no such thing in US, just teachers cert.)
-get married (no children for me)
-get first aid cert.
-grow a canada garden
-paint a picture of my spouse
-read complete works of EGW (working on it)
-learn to cut people's hair
-learn to make ice cream
-write a book of poems
-make a beautiful vase on the wheel
-learn to dive from diving board
-learn to do a cartwheel
-go sailing
-catch a fish ice fishing
-roll in snow after sitting in sauna
-go to a football, basketball, baseball game
-sing an original song to wife at wedding (my husband did that)

Miriam said...

to do list for the next month:
pass ALL tests.
get married!
enjoy my family, new family, friends and their togetherness as much as I can on that day.
see "strawberry fields" when we're in new york.
go to the met.
eat good indian food.
buy Ted a pea coat.

life goals?
get into diagnostic medicine
travel europe (please!)
live in san diego (it's not a MUST, but it would be grand!)
perform at a coffee house (which I've done to some extent, I guess I just want my own set!)
see Jesus at the end of the whole thing.