Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Nebraska=Crazy


Well, we had a beautiful weekend. The temp. was in the 50's and then within 24 hours it dropped to -10. That's Nebraska.

I went for a walk to enjoy the beautiful freak-of-January weather on Sunday with my sister. I was walking on the sidewalk past this little house with a mother and son playing with their dog out in the front yard when the rotweiler came snarling and barking at us. It circled us, bit me on the back of my upper thigh, and ran back to the yard. I grabbed my leg and started making my way to the other side of the street away from the dumb dog when the woman in a snobby tone asked if he'd bitten me. I replied that he had and that I was fine. Now this made me really mad because she didn't even apologize! She didn't say anything else, like she didn't believe me. Anyway, now it hurts to sit down and I have a huge bruise. Only one of the teeth marks broke the skin, I think, it's a little hard for me to see it back there. It made me even more mad that it always seems to be me that gets bitten by dogs. This is the third time I think. The bulldog was worse but it bit me in the same place, maybe a little lower. So Lyndsey, I think I may have my reason for preferring cats and cat-sized dogs!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

oh man, i'd be so pissed. in fact, i AM pissed! that's just ridiculous. i wonder if that dog has bitten others, and no one else reported it either. people have to realize that having a dog in the city requires some RESPONSIBILITY!