"When I get excited, when I get this feeling inside, all I can do is scribble. When everything inside of me comes together, I have to lay it down on paper. It comes out hurried, scribbled, but full of emotion. Like my heart is pouring out through the tip of my pen. Somehow I feel connected on all levels on and within my spiritual nature, my emotions and thoughts blend, revealing me to myself. " --excerpt from my sketchbook that is a fairly good description of these sketches from the same book.
My sisters birthday present finished. It's called "She commands the sun". I painted a Georgia O'keefe stylized sun and a bird onto the photograph that was also inspired by photos of Georgia that were taken Alfred Stieglitz.
2 comments:
Your sister's birthday present is AMAZING! I love it!
I think that your project turned out lovely, especially the bird. I really like the bright colors against the muted colors in the bird one. I also like the color on the black and white and the title.
Post a Comment