Sunday, December 14, 2008

Candy Cane Survey!

Here are the questions with my answers...

1. What is your favorite Christmas Movie? Holiday Inn, White Christmas, The Grinch, Elf

2. Favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night, It's a Marshmellow World

3. Favorite Holiday Memory? Ice Skating and Sledding, then returning with flushed cheeks to drink hot chocolate. When I was in first grade I heard Santa's reindeer on the roof. Performing at Christmas concerts. Waking my dad up at 6 am to open gifts; I was always the first one up...I would wake up my sisters and make them wake up grumpy dad!

4. What kind of cookie/treat do you like to make? I usually make the works: russian tea cakes, fudge, peanut brittle, truffles, sugar cookies cut out in Christmas shapes and decorated, dipped pretzels....

5. Have you ever made an igloo? Yes, probably not a very good one, but in Canada the snow banks were like 6 ft. high and we would always burrow into them. So not a traditional igloo, but one of sorts.

6. Do you love Starbucks? Not really. I don't think I have ever bought anything at a Starbucks except for the ones in Barnes and Noble which aren't true Starbucks, they just have their coffee. Too expensive. I call it fivebucks.

7. What makes the perfect Snowman? The perfect snow of course! Lyndsey and I made a cool snow cow once...Miss Bessie.

9. Best gift you have ever received? Ice skates that I wish still fit me.

10. What is the snowman's name on Rudolph? Don't know, and for a Christmasophile that's pretty bad.

11.Silver or Gold? Both! I have Green and gold in the living room, and blue and silver in the dining. God is tricky though It has to be yellow gold, not brassy.

12. What is your favorite Christmas decoration? I love the tree and decorating the mantle. I don't know if I have one favorite decoration...but I do love this little santa clause head that I made in 6th grade. It was supposed to be a rustic Father Christmas thing where we pulled the beard and hat out of a ball of something and make a really long head. I'll post a pic.

13. What's your Christmas decorating style? Classic, and a little glamor like 1960's retro. I like White or silver trees, shiny bulbs, and birds on my branches. I may trade in my white tree for a heavily flocked one someday though, since those look more realistic but are white enough to show off my green swirly bulbs I poured paint into.

14. Do you hang stockings? Yes, I had to make my own because I couldn't find any that I liked. They are white, green, and gold.

15. How many days do you celebrate Christmas? "Used to be from Thanksgiving, but my new rule is from Halloween to...usually December 26, but sometimes it can linger till New Years, and I dont mind." I agree with Lyndsey. I start the Christmas music around Halloween and put up the tree the first couple weeks of November.

16. What was your favorite ornament on the tree as a child? We had a lot of mixed things and my sisters and I would fight over the ones we loved to hang. There were pretty purple hearts with lacey designs, Christmas mice and bears that were bells, some old bulbs from when my mom was little, and we even had a fiber optic angel from the 60's that was my great grandmas.

17. Where will you be spending this Christmas? At home. My parents are coming to me this year! Yay! And Britaini and Amber will be here too, of course. I was so excited to host my first Christmas. Especially about decorated the table for the Christmas feast!

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

You should take pictures of your holiday table and feast! Also, I need to spend christmas with you some year, your cookies sound delicious!