I went on a walk at 3pm today.
The light today was grayish yellow.
A tiny black poodle followed me along the fence where I was walking. He barked the whole time. He is very territorial.
Across the street a large, white poodle did the same. He was silent.
There were two women walking 50 ft. ahead of me. One was dresses head-to-toe in purple.
A young women sitting on a bench cackled into her phone, "It's all about me!". She said it twice.
I heard the low rumbling of the UPS truck swerve around the corner. The driver's name is Al.
Three American flags swaggered in the wind on three of the four corners of a single intersection.
Like I'd forget I am an American.
The house painted brick-red on the fourth corner must not need a reminder.
I filled my lungs with fresh air and held it in. My chest swelled.
Thre grass was barely freckled with green. It crunched under my converse's.
3 comments:
I love this, I went on a walk today too, you've inspired me to write again. I miss writing.
This was great.
Two poodles in the same neighborhood? Hehe, I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've actually seen a poodle.
Post a Comment