Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Whatsa matta with me?

I have been readin a lot about homesteading and self-sufficient living in the last year. For some reason, I want to be a farmer. Don't ask me how this wierd anomonly happened, since I've never been drawn to country life in my younger days. I know Kate and Vanessa have both voiced their desire to do something of the same. These books are best sellers in DIY homesteading right now. They have great tips on how to build your own house out of the timber on your land, grow pretty much anything, how to make soap, candles, etc a la Little House on the Prairie. Kate and I like to plan out how we are going to buy a big plot of land in Montana and have some sort of community all living there like the Amish. We will all build our own log houses, and bring our parents there when the retire. That's if I don't build a cottage up in Minnesota on Vanessa and Ryan's goat farm?! What better way to spend the "last days" than to get back to our roots and maybe the way of life we were intended for.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES!!! I'm longing for the peace of the country and working out in the fresh air and sunshine. Amen, lets do it!

Vanessa said...

Ah, Taumi, you are a woman after my own heart. But it looks like Kate and I will have to fight for you, hahaha!

That first book you posted has been on my Amazon wish list for a long time now... if you get it, let me know if it's good! I'll email you some of the other books I've been eyeing.

Lyndsey said...

I'm all about this, but aiming more for oregon. Where the gardens grow so incredibly well and delicious! And the seasons are milder!

Vanessa said...

Does no one want to stay in MN? hahaha!