Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Observations

I am walking at 3p.m.
It is 62 degrees.
The light is blue and dazzling.
The colors are brighter than the last time I made observations.
The sky is bluer, the grass greener, and I am brighter.

Little purple flowers line a street curb, like a pretty ruffle might line the chubby wrist of a girl trying to look more delicate.
I reach down and pluck one to investigate more closely.

I can feel the sun seeping into my brown curls and I reach up to touch the comforting warmth.
I am a human solar panel, soaking up the light to re-energize me after the winter dol-drums.

I see yellow dandelions dotting the grass.
This makes me think of bears.
I had just read that with spring comes an increase in bear+car accidents.
Apparhently, bears are crazy for dandelions and they venture out into danger seeking them.
Talk about spring fever!

It is uncharacteristically quiet...still.
The only sounds are some distant twittering and a mechanical sing-song of a bird that sounds much like a door-bell ringing over and over.
I like it.

The air smells sweet, like new grass.
I gulp it down greedily before heading into the stagnant, flourescent air of my office.

Yes, I think man was made to be outdoors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! We should all work outside on nice days, think how much healthier and happier we would be.