Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"Excuse me, waiter! My soup is green!"

1.2.


3.
4.
Altered Haystack
1) Chips-tortillas, cooking spray, chili powder, garlic powder
2) Rice-cayenne, onion, cilantro, tomato
3) Salad-spinach, olives, sunflower seeds, avocado, green onion, soy cheese
4) Dressing-lemon juice, olive oil, black pepper

Tropical Ice Cream Sundae
vanilla bean ice cream
honey, 1 mango, 3 kiwis-warm honey and fruit on stove
coconut, freshly toasted
avocado and tomato dip (it's not salsa and it's not guacamole exactly. I eat this for supper about 3x/wk in the summer)
1 avocado
1 tomato
garlic salt

lime juice
multi-grain tortilla chips


BBQ Pizza (this is so good with cilantro!)
pizza crust
tomato + BBQ sauce
jalapeno soy cheese
soy mozarella
spinach
tomato basil polenta
cilantro
tomato
onion
olives

Chili Roasted Corn
Corn on the cob
melted vegan butter

chili powder
vegetarian baco bits
Align CenterCucumber and Tomato Salad
1 cucmber
2 tomatoes
3 green onions
vegenaise
vinegar
dill
salt
Stir Fry
seared tofu
rice
green onion
asparagus
pea pods
spinach
coconut milk
szechwan sauce
soy sauce

Farmer's Market Soup (You taste each vegetable in all it's glory)
1 leek1 c. spinach
1 c. fresh pea pods
1 c. soy beans
1 c. asparagus
1 can artichoke hearts
6 cups water + McKays
fresh black pepper
garlic salt
parmesan
crusty bread
Salsa
2 tomatoes
1/4 of an onion
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 bulb garlic
lime juice
1/2 seeded jalapeno


This is my summer fare!

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

It all looks so delicious! How much do you pay for your soy cheese? It's so expensive out here... this summer I might get good deals on it through Ryan's mom's co-op.

Taumi said...

it's about the same as normal cheese. I buy the jalapeƱo sandwich slices for three something and shredded soy mozzarella for about the same. I don't think the shredded bags have quite as much in them as real shredded cheese bags.

Anonymous said...

It all looks so yummy, totally inspired to go cook, but alas I have to finish cleaning for fellowship group.

Kristin Kwan said...

Mmmmmm. Taumi, I just ate, not even ten minutes ago, but this post made me feel really hungry again!

Miriam said...

this looks amazing, I'm gonna have to try a couple of these...

Lyndsey said...

Mmm, I'm gonna have to make all of these!