Saturday, July 11, 2009

If I could get married again...

...to the same man, of course! Kate and I sometimes re-plan our weddings and think about how different we would do them if we actually had some money or indulged our artistic ideas a little more. So here I am blogging what I would do now if only I could have another wedding.


I would get married in a little yellow canoe on a lake in Ontario that I grew up fishing and swimming in. Stephen, me, and the Pastor would be standing in the canoes just off shore where the guests could watch. It would be a heavily wooded area, very secluded. A towel with "Love" printed on it would be waiting on the shore for us to step out at the end of the ceremony to dry our feet. Then the wedding party, who were standing alongside the shore, would come together in front of us in two lines and join hands in the air, creating an arch for us to walk under. Lots of laughing and shouting.
I would wear a dress with something unique and interesting about it. Soft layers and a unique ruffle at the neckline maybe like this on the right. I think I would definitely wear a birdcage veil with some interesting vintagey flowers or feathers on it. Bridesmaids would wear huge peonies in the hair or white feathers.
I like the idea of the bridesmaids wearing lavish skirts in a casual way like these beauties.



Flowers would be peonies, ranunculus, and paper thin poppies in beautiful pinks, yellows, and oranges.
Invites and programs something fun and artsy like these comic books or watercolored programs. My bouquet would be lighter than the birdesmaids in yellow and whites tones, but same flowers.
There'd be awesome photo backdrop with photographer set up to capture guests and wedding party. A box of accessories next to the shoot would provide interesting props. I also like the idea of the wedding party headshots on the right.

Reception would be colorful with yummy, fluffy desserts, teas, lemonades, and limeades in different colors with real fruit and mint leaves. I like the idea of having random furniture outside like the canopy bed for guests to sit on.
Simple cake with flowers. I love those little bubble vases with orange flowers. We could set that up on a trellis as a backdrop to the guest book.

That's all I got!

2 comments:

Lyndsey said...

I'm having so much fun planning my wedding! I've always thought it would be fun to have a more rustic wedding. I was even considering havin my reception back at home in a glammed up barn. But I'm not made of money, so I'm still trying to figure out if a reception will even be possible at all. So maybe our 50 year anniversary can be in that barn. haha. I tried on some wedding dresses yesterday and just for fun I tried on their biggest poofiest dress they had in the store. Oh my freaking goodness. That was the funnest thing I've ever worn. I'd never want to get married in it of course, I mean, I'd like to be able to reach Malachi past my dress for at least the kiss in the ceremony, haha, but it was such a blast to try on. She told me to come out of the dressing room in order to put it on me because it would be too much work to put it in the dressing room. hahaha.

Anonymous said...

So pretty, fresh, bright, and delicous.