Sunday, July 26, 2009

July in pictures

Lyndsey, remember this is the chair we were going to get from Ikea? Well, when we went back we saw the one that I actually was trying to find in the first place. There was only one, the display, so we had to ask if we could buy it and it was on sale too! So here is the one we thought were were going to buy:


And this is the one we actually bought . I think I was inspired by this:
Layering patterns.
My vintage seersucker skirt I got at Goodwill and chopped a good 5 inches off the hem. More summery length and the fraying edges give it a dressed down feel.
The boyfriend jeans outfit I threw on to rediscover the magic of the public library.

Stephen and his massive sandwhich...yes, that is ONE sandwhich, not two on top of each other.
The cake I made for Amber's b-day. Dark chocolate fudge with raspberry sauce drizzled over the top and raspberries and blackberries.
Our re-arranged living room after Stephen's ecstatic idea of making a bedroom into a "media-room" (read man-cave).
Sisters
Picnic at Pioneers

4 comments:

Miriam said...

I love your living room. And your clothes. and your new chair. And what kind of watch is Stephen wearing? I like...

Big Rich said...

Sandwich and cake are both good

Vanessa said...

Your living room looks good that way! Put more pics up of it from different angles. Ryan and I just sat in some Ikea chairs a few days ago and we really liked one that looks pretty similar to the one you got. Some of those chairs are just heavenly!

Lyndsey said...

I love your bookshelves there and the cake looks very yummy :)