You know how when you get to be an adult (and who knows when that really happens anyway?) you are supposed to not care about your birthday anymore? Like your supposed to walk around all day forgetting that it's your birthday until someone mentions something? Well, I must not have gotten that "grown-up memo" or maybe I am too selfish, because I LOVE my birthday! I think about a few weeks in advance, usually plan something, absolutely love getting surprises in the mail from all my friends and family, and of course love being doted on by my husband.
This year I was at camp for a teen girls retreat--which weirdly enough I was mistaken for a teen not only by staff, but also by other teens--so I didn't get home till the afternoon. But when I came in the door Stephen had flowers, balloons, friends, and cake waiting for me (and the best part--a clean house!). What a great man I have! We had some cake and then a little while later went to Olive Garden with the gang and I had me some Pumpkin Cheesecake. Mmmm!
Stephen always arranges his own bouquets because he doesn't find the pre-made grocery store ones that pretty. I think he does good.



And some lovely person (I'm guessing Lyndsey or Vanessa) sent me this book. I LOVE LOVE the illustrations in it. It came while I was gone and Stephen opened it thinking it was something I ordered. I found it a couple days later lying around and asked him whose it was. He was kind of confused. So whoever sent it, Thank YOU!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday! And I'm so glad you had a great one! Good job Stephen for the beautiful flowers and everything else he did for you. I didnt give you the book (because my gift to you, yet again, will be late), but it looks pretty swift! (you like how I used the word swift?) Anyways, the thing I wanted to say most in this comment, was how amazing you look with those bangs!
So, Sat night? Do we still want to do someting or not? I don't mind prolonging B-day celebrations if you don't ;) Although it might be a bit much for everyone else. Talk to ya later.
Yeah, this year instead of just spending money on Taumi (though we did that too) I wanted it to be obvious how much time and thought was put into her birthday because I love her so much.
Taumi, I hope that you'll remember this birthday as one that stands out from the ones before.
Kate, I'm down for celebrating yall's birthday again this weekend. :)
Man, that sounds so stinking awesome. What a great B-day. Which i could've gone to eat out with you all. I'm gonna be celebrating my birthday by studying for my first real test in over a year. Not as much fun as Pete & Pickles. Miss you friend!
Post a Comment