Sunday, November 1, 2009

Break-out the Christmas music!

I love Nov. 1st because then I can officially break-out my tree, all that glitters, Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney, and the Christmas Ideas magazines.

And of course with holidays come thoughts of food. Here are some things we've been eating lately.


"Chicken" salad sanwhiches on pumpernickel bread. Cedar Lake diced "chicken", celery, vegenaise, garlic salt, bread.

Purple soup! I didn't mean to make it purple! I just added purple cabbage instead of cauliflower to this squash soup and that's what happened. It was good though. Kind of looks Halloweeney.
Stuffed acorn squash. I made my own dressing because I don't really like soggy bread stuffing. I just sauteed anything I had in the fridge: purple cabbage, celery, carrots, polenta, mushrooms, and onion. Then I made my own pumpernickel croutons by cutting the bread into squares, baking them with a little garlic salt and adding them to the mix. IT was pretty yummy so I think I will make it for thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

Haha, you are funny. I just can't seem to get myself to decorate for christmas until after thanksgiving. It just doesnt feel right for me. However, come Nov 1st I do start thinking about how I want to decorate, and I have no qualms about breaking out the christmas tunes. And that soup does look very halloweeny! I bought Skinny Bitch in the Kitch which looks like a pretty good cookbook and Malachi and I made some Pad Thai from it last night and it was yummy! A little sweeter than I generally care for, but still tasty.