Sunday, April 17, 2011

Inspired Around the Web

I am inspired continually by the blogs I visit, but lately I have taken that inspiration a little more literally in my outfit interpretation. Usually I just go for a similar vibe but these are more direct copycats. Above is an image from Karla's Closet. The denim shirt and white pants combo is nothing new but it reminded me that I should wear mine together.


I sort of prefer my silhouette: trouser style linen pants and fitted chambray shirt.
This outfit stopped me dead in my eye tracks (my eyes scan constantly when reading blogs) and I knew I wanted to re-interpret this. Found on Elements of Style. Mine did not turn out quite so glamorous, although I think oversized sunglasses and red lipstick would have tipped the scales a little. My blouse is a vintage 90's button up in teal/red/purple. It has brushtroke-y red tulips and I love it but it's such a retro color combo that it can feel a little hard to style.
I bought this lilac cardigan in the winter and thought it would stay in my closet til Spring, but then I got it home and realized lilac looks awesome with almost anything! I have worn it with autumn orange, mustard, navy, and teal. I prefer it with bold colors instead of pastels because I don't want to look like an Easter egg!

1 comment:

lyndsey said...

I've had a thing for white pants lately and I can't seem to find mine anywhere, I wonder if I got rid of them last year? hmm, I do recall they didn't fit too well...I may have to do a little shopping!