Monday, May 9, 2011

How to wear a maxi dress


I mentioned in my Spring fashion review that maxi's are a hard thing to wear, mostly because it's hard to find one that isn't too billowy and make a woman's hips look like she's packing some dangerous weapons under that skirt. So I advised to find one in a light weight fabric that moves and is cut lean. Well, now that we got that figured out I've decided to show you how to layer them for chilly spring days or just to make them more interesting. When the weather turns frightfully hot though, they'll be all right on their own.

These first two are just layered with tanks that break up the head to toe print and maybe feel a little more lady-like.

I matched this military cut striped jacket with the oversize flowers to give it downtown feel.
This one is dressed way down with a tied off chambray shirt and straw hat.
In the above I layered a long tunic t and belt over top for a comfy boho feel.
This is what I wore for Easter Sabbath. It was freezing out and we had to walk around campus to see the Passion Play so I was happy for this homemade Irish Fisherman sweater. I belted it to define my waist a little. It was a really cozy outfit for the day.

1 comment:

lyndsey said...

How many maxi dresses do you own?