Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Barns and Tractors: Down On the Farm









We stopped by Pipestone to see our friends Seth and Brisa on our way to Twin Valley a couple weeks ago. They have a lot of barns and a GIANT tractor. We had fun touring the fields and walking the dirt roads. There's nothing like a vacation to small rural areas to gain some much needed perspective. We definitely have become city people, spoiled to have anything and everything within a 5 minute drive available at all hours of the day and night. It's funny how much more people in the city have/consume than those who live where things are not readily available. I feel grateful to have the choice but I hope I will be more intentional in my consuming, choosing more out of need than just plain 'ol desire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A really strict budget helps with that...

lyndsey said...

love those pictures of you and Brisa!