Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A New Year, A New Taumi!

Well, maybe not new, but definitely in the mood for warm weather. Oh Spring! When will you come again? Check out my super cute yellow flats I indulged in from Gap. I think you need to click on this picture to get a better look.=)


I am going to try to update you all on my life so bare with me a little...

--First, I am so frustrated because I apparently forgot how to upload Youtube videos on here or else they made it more complicated. Would really appreciate some tips...

--Second, New Years I watched Hairspray for the billionth time at Kate's with her and Courtney. The boys were all playing video games and watching football in the basement (see what you have to look forward to Lyndsey!). Is it just me or does James Marsden get cuter and cuter with each movie? I know most of the girls (including the girls our age) were into Hairspary for Zac Efron but he is so young to me and James is so much more my style. That made you laugh didn't it?

--Thirdly, on Monday I walked into work and one of the guys told me I looked tired. Come on People! You do not say that to a girl! And the thing is I wasn't tired at all and I usually am. Then to make things just perfect, on the way out the same day the library lady said that I looked different. Then she asked if I was pregnant! Now, I know it wasn't because of weight because I havn't gained any, but still! Maybe I had that glow about me, but I bet it was that I looked tired.

--Fourth, got a cool new pink phone! I never thought I would do the pink thing but it was either that or black and I was feelin' some color. I wish they had orange phones or white for a neutral. and this thing is ALL pink too. The whole thing. But I like it.

--Fifth, while I was bored at work I drew out the floor plan of my grandparents old house in Lincoln and decorated it. I do this a lot with houses I see. I imagine where I would put this piece of art and that couch, what colors I would do in each room, and flooring patterns. It is kind of a dream of mine to buy their house that they built here. I don't know if this is because I am a minor interior designer in my heart or if its because I am jealous of all our couple friends in Lincoln buying and decorating their homes. Every single one of them has a house now...it's so depressing.

Sixth, we have really been getting into our Bible Studies every other Friday night. We take turns hosting and have snacks. Our group keeps expanding too. Here is the general group: Shane/Kate, Kyle/Cassie, Felix/Courtney, Cale/Amy, Randy/Angie, Scott, and us. Sometimes there are a couple other singles that join in. Anyway, it has been great because then we quite often make plans to do things the next afternoon or evening. Last Sat.night we played bored games. I love hanging out with big groups on the weekends. It's really cool because we all work for the church and/or are money conscious so we make plans that everyone can afford.

Seventh, my new years resolutions are to read the Bible all the way through, get out of debt, and paint every week. So far so good. I usually don't make resolutions but thought I would try it this year after Kate inspired me with hers. Of course the general ones apply to: be healthier, stop spending so much on clothes, etc.

And that's all folks!

2 comments:

Lyndsey said...

I LOVE your shoes! And about the youtube videos, the way I do it is I copy the embedding code and I paste it on the html page (not the regular page) for writing a blog. Also...about the guys watching football, that is me in Malachis and my relationship, but he definitely plays the games. So I dont really have to look forward to that, it's the present! And that was horribly mean what everyone said to you on Monday, I'm sorry! Did Angie and Randy move to lincoln?

Taumi said...

No, Angie and Randy Harmdierks, not Stroud.