Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fall weather calls for soup!

After seeing this cookbook on Vanessa's shelfari, I bought it on Amazon. I have been trying out a lot of vegan recipes lately and have cut out my daily milk intake on my cereal by switching to rice milk. I am becoming increasingly aware of what's in animal by products and the effects on our bodies. Anyway, the chick who wrote this is totally rockin' up a storm in her kitchen and inspired me to do the same. The first two recipes I tried were her Roasted Butternut Squash Soup and her Potato Asparagus Soup.

We had the Squash soup last Friday evening to bring in the Sabbath.
My lovely new soup tureen, perfect for showcasing bright orange squash soup!
Add a little rice...
This soup didn't really do it for me. I think it was a little too sweet. I think next time I will omit a couple of the sweeter spices and add my cayenne.

Sorry, no pics of the potato-asparagus soup. This soup was delicious, though! I am too lazy to type the recipes out for you, but if you so desire I will.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

You got it! That's awesome! Ok, now I must get off my lazy butt and order it too. Lyndsey, you do the same, and then we can all three try some of the recipes together :)

Lyndsey said...

Okay, I'll get it sometime soon. And Taumi, if you ever get the desire, I would love the squash soup recipe. I've been wanting to make some squash soup for about a month now.

Vanessa said...

did you guys see snl last night...and that sketch making fun of people who like to see fall foliage and eat squash soup? hahaha!