Monday, March 9, 2009

Observations

I went on a walk at 3p.m.
The light was yellow-grey.
It was not cold, not really.
Though my nose may have disagreed.

I heard a yawn/scream, a truly odd noise.
Try to scream a yawn and you will know what I mean.
I couldn't place where it was coming from.

I saw no black and white poodles today.
I did see black poop.
It made me laugh to say "black poop" in my head.

I finally saw the yawn/screamer.
A boy.

When I walk I like to pick out the houses I would like to live in.
Today it was a white-grey cape cod with black shutters.
Or maybe the 60's/70's house with big windows, harsh angles, and mod appeal.

I spied a yellow ribbon tied around a tree trunk so big,
I couldn't have wrapped my arms around it.
It made me wonder if this shows more love to the troops than a yellow ribbon tied around a slim tree.

I passed a ranch house with it's trim partly painted over in white.
The rest of the job waits for a sunny weekend.

I trail behind a couple of hispanic boys.
They make blasting and shooting noises in their dialogue.
I wished it wasn't so.

4 comments:

Lyndsey said...

haha, black poop, haha. And the yawn/scream creeps me out a bit. Do you walk everyday at 3?

Anonymous said...

There is a theme of war, yellow ribbon for the troops and little children making shooting blasting noises, it really is sad.

Taumi said...

I really don't think too much about my observation walks. I just write exactly what I see and hear without thought of how items relate.

Miriam said...

observations: i like taumi