I went for a walk today at 3p.m.
I do not go everyday, just when it's nice.
The light was cornflower blue and yellow.
It was 74 degrees.
It smelled clean and warm.
A breeze wrapped me in it's silky, dancing fingers.
I wore a little yellow jacket.
The owner of the tall white poodle was enjoying
this day on her tree swing.
It was a bench swing.
I saw a tiny girl with two tiny braids hanging on her shoulders.
She breathed heavily and held her arms tight against her side with fists clenched.
She was very intent on something.
"It's gotta be hard on her back!" said the man who was surveying this tiny girl along with his gardening companion.
I turned my head and saw a hugongous purple backpack that started at the nape of her neck and ended at the crook of her knees.
Maybe this is her mother's proactive attempt against childhood obesity.
Several sets of wind chimes played in the breeze: chink, chink, ching, ting, ting.
A young, over weight man came out of his house yelling, lighting a cigarette on his way to the mailbox.
I heard the familiar thwack of a bat and ball; the bouncing of a basketball against pavement.
...And then I heard the smoking man cough up his lung.
The air must have been too clean for him.
Ah, spring is good!
2 comments:
haha, you live by some 'interesting' people. They always sound so...dirty (not in a perverted way).
These are people that live around my workplace. I go on walks on my breaks. I always follow the same route because I like passing the school children and there's so much life/busyness going on. It's funny how one block in a different direction is totally dead and boring to look at.
Post a Comment