Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Reformation Day!

Today is the day that Germany celebrates the day Luther nailed the 95 thesis to the church door! Here are some lovely pumpkin pics to celebrate the day!

I love this color palette for a thanksgiving dinner: blue and gold
I have pumpkins like these that I painted white.



Pumpkin palette:this totally must have been a Martha Stewart mag. cover.

I like this idea of carving pretty lanterns out of pumpkins instead of faces. I like to carve leaves in them too.

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

I agree, I like the shapes better in the pumpkins than the faces. Malachi and I were going to buy some pumpkins to roast pumpkin seeds, but all the pumpkins around here look diseased. It was a really bad year for plants up here. So we passed on the pumpkins. In fact we didnt do anything at all for Oct 31st this year except, we mashed up some sweet potatoes and drank apple cider! haha. Pretty low key, but it was still really nice just to hang out.