Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A letter...


Dear snow,
You are so beautiful and sparkly.
Coming down in giant flakes and accumulating into trudge-worthy mounds.
I love when you come down all at once.
Everything closes, including work.
I want to play in you all day long like I did when I was a kid.
The cold doesn't seem so bad now that you are here.

Dear dry air and wind,
I do not like you.
You make my legs so itchy.
Especially when I am trying to sleep.
I have scratched my legs so bad they are scabbing.
My right hand always hurts from the cracking.
I am constantly putting on lotion.
You also make my hair full of static.
I do not like that.
No I don't.

2 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Yes, I do love that the snow has finally accumulated instead of just being a light dusting for the past few weeks. And I do love that it feels much warmer when it's around (even though apparently it's much colder with the low supposed to be getting to 25 below tonight?!). I do not like that my work doesn't ever close, and we havent had any large flakes, just little sparkles. I like the big flakes, but they are saying it's too cold for them right now so they don't stick together and make the big flakes :( And I feel so bad for you Taumi! You're poor skin just can't handle dry air! I want to buy you miracle lotion, and if I ever come across some, I will! Oh, and staticky hair sucks.

Anonymous said...

I like this, it's all so true.