Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Happy Sabbath


"The importance of the Sabbath as the memorial of creation is that it keeps ever present the true reason why worship is due to God"--because He is the Creator, and we are His creatures. "The Sabbath therefore lies at the very foundation of divine worship, for it teaches this great truth in the most impressive manner, and no other institution does this. The true ground of divine worship, not of that on the seventh day merely, but of all worship, is found in the distinction between the Creator and His creatures. This great fact can never become obsolete, and must never be forgotten."--J. N. Andrews, History of the Sabbath,
--quote from Great Controversy Ch. 25

5 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Yay! I've been waiting for a new post from you :) And I love the picture you put with the passage. Is that right out fron of your house? Do you already have flowers??

Taumi said...

I'm glad someone is STILL reading my blogs. Especially cuz I have a fun one planned soon! =)

Those are in front of our house except they are from last year. I wanted to see what April will look like so I went back a year. This is what I have to look forward to very soon!

Lyndsey said...

Oh exciting! And yes, I will ALWAYS be an avid reader/admirer of your blog. And I can't wait to see what you have planned! I'm so tired, I need to go to bed. What is wrong with me?!?

Anonymous said...

I still check too. I do love this one, it is so inspiring.

Vanessa said...

I like the part about the true basis of ALL worship is the distinction between Creator and creature... so profound yet so obvious... and the picture of the tulips is great... I love the green and the concrete and the colors together. :)