There's little to love about 1970's home decor in my opinion, but I happen to love a good sunken convo pit and the fireplaces that hover above the floor, preferably together. Although, these two genius design ideas started in the '60's....so maybe there is still little to love about the 70's. =) These first two photos are of the Miller House in Columbus, IN and designed by non other than Eero Saarinen.

This last photo is a room design by Jonathan Adler, the last great lover of 70's design. I dig it even though I'm not a huge fan of the color combo.
2 comments:
I think I would like to know someone who had those in their house, but I don't think I would want it personally. So...you should have those, so I can enjoy it.
You know, I really love the idea of convo pits, I think all three of us would make great use of them in our homes. There's just *something* that turns me off, though, and I can't even put my finger on it... like, maybe just too closely associated with 60s and 70s swingers parties or something...
Post a Comment