I thought it would be fun to take you through my Christmas trees and mantle decor from the past few years. You can definitely tell how poor I was the first year! But then I got my white tree and started adding bulbs to my collection during after Christmas sales and now I like to change up my colors every year.
Year 1:
I did a lot of home-made stuff: clear bulbs with paint swirled inside, paper stars, beaded snowflakes, hand sewn stockings, ribbon embellished candles, and an art doll made from polymer clay.
Year 2:
Continued with my green/gold/red colors but this time I had some pretty bulbs to add and a new white tree! Made a runner out of multiple colors of green ribbon with bulbs tied here and there. Added yellow glass hurricanes with cranberries and green candles. Made a floral centerpiece with white mums, red roses, and gold bulbs and bead tied in and surrounded by pine branches. The flowers were then put in a vase with cranberries and water.
Year 3:
Same thing but different star.
Year 4:
Saw some pretty blue colored bulbs and decided to switch things up. Added partridge feathers, cinnamon sticks, pine cones, and some pretty bronze flowers. Made paper cones in place of stockings and filled them with candy for the adults and a squishy piglet for baby niece.
Year 5:
pink and turquoise ornaments with pink ribbon lined with silver tinsel and big white feathers on top! I'm pretty sure this was a re-decorate after Christmas.
Year 6:
Orange, gold, pink! I was going for champagne colors. This technically was a re-decorate for New Years. Added tinsel, feathers, and ribbon.
This is the year I lost a bunch of my photos and we had to redo our Christmas card last minute. This is the photo we took for it. I did purple and gold. Lots of ribbon and topped with the bronze flowers. Used the flokati on the mantle again with the little white bottle brush trees and glitter reindeer.
Year 8:
Year 8:
Last year I went with pretty candy colors with jewel tones. pink lights added in, turquoise, gold, mercury glass, purple, green, orange.
Year 9:




2 comments:
Yay!! My favorite is the orange, pink and gold. And no, I've never redecorated with the tree after christmas. I like to redecorate for a winter theme in the house, but the tree doesnt get to stick around for that.
My favorite is also the New Year's tree. So pretty and unique.
Post a Comment