Here is a list of my favorite Christmas things:
1. The movie White Christmas--Vera-Ellen has the most amazing legs and I love every dance number she does. I always cry at the end when they surprise the General.
2. The song O Holy Night
3. White Christmas Trees
4. Wrapping Gifts and making them extra special with bows, decorations, etc.
5. Twinkly lights: on houses, trees, windows, and knees...
6. Hot drinks: Apple Cider and hot chocolate
7. The magic of Christmas Eve
8. Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol
9. Decorating the dining room for Christmas dinners, tea, dessert, or for nothing but the heck of it.
10. Old Mickey Mouse Christmas Cartoons--like the one where he is really poor and sells Pluto so he can play santa to this even poorer family with tons of kids.
11. Trimming the Mantel with garlands and candles
12. Snowflakes--real ones, paper ones, stamp ones, cut-out ones, confetti ones
2 comments:
What a nice blog! So many wonderful Christmas things :) And I also always cry at the end of White Christmas - that part is so touching!
Are you going to take pics of your Christmas decorations again this year? I always like to see pics of your apartment, especially when it's all dressed up :)
Oh, me too! me too!!! Your lists make me want to share my own version always! But I dont really have a good list for this, so I will just say that I also LOVE wrapping presents with fun paper and bows (I did some last night) and I love driving around and looking at decorated houses. And I am really excited about going to the Hollidazzle Parade this weekend in Minneapolis for my first time ever. And I love christmas movies, my favorites are The Christmas Toy, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, and The Grinch. But truly, I love them all. Something else that I love is giving people presents. I love it sooo much. My mom is frustrated with me because she wants me to tell her what I want, but when she asked me that was the first time it occurred to me this year that I receive gifts for christmas, and I still havent given her any idea of what I want, because I dont really like thinking of what I want, when I do that I end up thinking of what to get other people. It's so much fun. I also love decorating the house, and...so much more, but this comment is way too long, so, summary: I love christmas!!!
Post a Comment