Sunday, November 11, 2007

New dining

Ok, I know Vanessa is going to hate these chairs that I picked out, but hopefully the table will make up for it. I have been looking at dining tables and chairs for the past year, trying to figure out what I want. I have finally decided on a black pedestal table that is small and round before adding an extension piece that makes it an oval. I wanted a black table and white chairs that didn't match. Something from totally different styles and design eras. After finding a traditional table I decided to look at midcentury modern chairs. I love these white eames-esque chairs not only for their style, but they are stackable, small so I can fit more around a small table, and easy to keep clean. I love upholstered dining chairs but with my cat's hair everywhere those were out of the question. I just want to sit down to eat my breakfast without having to worry about rolling my butt afterward. Anyway, since my dining room is so small, but I love having people over for food, I wanted a table and chairs that looks good in the space for a small number of people as well as more and both of these options does double duty. When not in use I can stack extra chairs in a corner. Someday we may buy a house and hopefully that dining room will be hugegongo, but for now I have to plan around what I have, and get rid of the awful glass table.


2 comments:

Lyndsey said...

I LOVE the table. And about the cat hair. My dogs shed SO much. So I feel your pain. I actually just bought a de-shedding brush today, so hopefully that will help a little! My dogs trust me so much, it was so cute de-shedding them. Because they dont like it, but they dont really argue with anything I do to them. Little cuties. So have you bought the table and chairs yet?

Vanessa said...

haha, you're right! not hot about the chair, but I just *love* that table! if you like mid-centry modern, you need to move here to palm springs! it's the mid-century modern mecca! in addition to the table, i also like the following from your blog:

"I just want to sit down to eat my breakfast without having to worry about rolling my butt afterward."

specifically: "rolling my butt"

and also the word

"hugegongo"

love you Taumers!