I also wanted to share this cool idea that I may be trying this year. It's a yearly journal where you write down one thing that happened to you each day. But the coolest part is you keep using it every year so after a while you have a few years worth of activities on each card. I think it would be cool especially to compare holidays and birthdays.Example: December 24: 2010-sang carols with family
2011-watched The Christmas Carol and drank hot cocoa
2012-Went to look at lights around town
They used postcards to separate each month.
3 comments:
Oooh!! That's a wonderful idea! I might do that too! Something that I am going to start doing, that I've been wanting to do for quite a while, is make a christmas card book. I'm starting this year because it's a nice even numbered year, AND it's my first year of being married, so it just works out nicely. But I am going to scan into the computer all of the christmas cards that I get and every 5 years I will compile a book online with the picture of the card and who it's from as a little christmas coffee table book! And each chapter/year will be separated by our personal christmas card so that I will have record of that as well! I'm so excited! Thanks for the good idea Taumi!!
I've been thinking about keeping a record of our own Christmas cards. We don't usually get that many creative ones, just yours and Vliets which I keep. And I want to make books for our parties so I can keep a record of the menus and decor, guests, etc.
Yes, you should definitely do the journal thing.
Its sort of similar to what I started doing a few years ago, but mine is more just a regular journal that I write (type) in whenever anything happened that I might possibly like to remember (although a few months have nearly every day filled in) and I also started with the intention that the entries be short and to the point (there's a lot of long ones though) so I wouldn't feel too burdened and give up. Amazingly enough I'm still making entries in it! So yeah, its definitely worth it, as its interesting to go back and read stuff you barely even remember writing, ha!
(And neat tree btw!)
Post a Comment